Arctic Adventure! is a journey with an easy educational character. In addition to this educational part, there is of course a lot of time to enjoy all that Swedish Lapland has to offer in winter.
Nowhere in Europe is the range of outdoor activities in winter as diverse as in Swedish Lapland: husky safari, reindeer and elk watching, wildlife photography, hiking, snowshoe hiking, cross-country skiing, skiing, ice skating, snowmobile safari, ice fishing, to name a few. But also, enjoy a glass of red wine inside in the warm expedition vehicle, relax with a good book, have a good meal in comfort, relaxing in the sauna, are also part of the activities.
• An ‘Individual Guided Aventurous Overland Journey’© of 28 days
• Through the north of Sweden – Swedish Lapland
• Experience the winterwonderland
• Unforgettable husky safari’s
• Snowscooter safari on frozen lakes and rivers
• A tour with a rendeersledge
• The mysteric Northern lights
• Snowshoe hiking
• Cross-country skiing on vast plains
• Visit the Ice-hotel and Ice-bar
• Culinary diner
• Visit special and typical winter sights
This journey will be guided by Nancy Verheijen and Hans Schrijen
JOURNEY & EDUCATION | ARCTIC ADVENTURE | MAKE SURE YOU’RE THERE
Price and dates
• Per vehicle: € 6.000,- based on 2 persons per voertuig | 5 spots available
• 9 February to 8 March 2021
• Amount of days: 28
• Starting point: Trelleborg, Schweden
• Endpoint: Överkalix, Schweden
• Amount kilometers: ca. 2.900 km
• Suitable for: 4×4 expeditionvehicle | 4×4 expedition truck
• Number of participants: minimum 6 – maximum 10 vehicles
INCLUSIVE AND EXCLUSIVE
• Profesionnal tourguidance
• ‘Individual Guided Adventurous Overland Journey’© of 28 days
• Expedition For Trucks Road-book©
• Waypoints in Garmin
• 15 nights on a wintercamping
• 12 wildcamps
• Entreefees and meals according the program
• Advice and workshops winter conditions
• Welcome drink (op 1,5m)
• Culinary diner (op 1,5m)
• Visit Ice-hotel and Ice-bar
• Husky safari
• Fuel costs and toll, ferry
• Parking fees and other vehicle-related expenses
• Entrance fees, excursions and meals outside the program
• Personal expenses and tips
• The cost of traveling to the place of departure of the trip and the return trip to the home town
• Parts for the vehicle, tools and other aids such as ropes, tow cables etc.
• Navigation device
• Snowshoe hiking
• Crosscountry skiing
• Ice skating
• Snowscooter safari
• Reindeer safari
• Travel insurance*
• Repatriation and cancellation insurance
• Physical and mental health is a prerequisite for participating in this trip
• Vehicle is in very good condition
• The training nature of this trip, we travel in convoy as well as in small groups
• Participant is responsible – as usual – for his own vehicle and his driving behaviour and drives at his/her own risk
Registration has started.
∗A travel warning is an urgent appeal by the Federal Foreign Office not to undertake such trips. The travel warning is not a travel ban. Travelers decide on their own responsibility whether to go on a trip.
The existence of a travel warning can, however, have indirect legal effects, for example for the validity of travel health insurance. For this purpose, travellers should contact their insurance service provider.
INFORMATION ON THIS JOURNEY
Participants will be amazed by the beauty of nature, the views, the ever-changing light, the snow and the activities that can be developed. The winter conditions with the feeling of spring make this journey an unforgettable experience and perhaps the most beautiful expedition experience ever!
Even in times of corona, Swedish Lapland is a safe travel destination. In sparsely populated Swedish Lapland, hardly any corona infections occur and despite the low infection rate, the 2 meters distance is very strong and precice respected.
Our experience and the knowledge of Expedition For Trucks in this area, by compiling the route and the wild camps make this trip so close to home, very unique and more than worth it.
And suppose we want to go home quickly, this can be done in a few long driving days.
You travel this journey with your own vehicle at your own risk.
To make this expediton journey not only a great adventure, but also to bring it to a successful end in terms of organization, we use a good and expert team consisting of experienced tour guides. This journey is operated by Expedition For Trucks. The travel conditions of Expedition For Trucks apply for this journey.
OUR JOURNEYS IN CORONATIME
Expedition For Trucks journeys normally go through countries outside Europe. However, this is not possible at this time. But expedition vehicles owners still want to travel, but also not too far from home and we obviously do not want to travel to countries where the corona virus is not under control. This keeps the travellers closer to home than they actually would like to.
Expedition For Trucks has therefore developed this journey especially for safe travels with the expedition vehicle in the times of corona.
- Firstly, this journey takes place in the very sparsely populated Swedish Lapland where hardly any corona infections occur and despite the low contamination level, the 2m distance (1.5m in the Netherlands) is highly respected and observed here.
- Second, we have concentrated on nature, being active outdoors and staying at winter campsites with very spacious pitches or wild camps, in order to be self-supporting as much as possible and thus avoid crowded places.
- Thirdly, we made sure that participants can return home in a few driving days if desired.
It goes without saying that we always keep a distance of 1.5m to 2m during the journey and in case of illness, we stay in the vehicle.
TRAVELFORMULA IN CORONATIME
As the Expedition For Trucks formula, ‘Individually Guided Adventurous Overland Journeys’ ©, fits very well with the constraints that now apply in corona time; After all, we travel as individuals and spend the night somewhere together and preferably in the great outdoors as much as possible, Expedition For Trucks is convinced that this is a safe way to go out with the expedition vehicle. We live in our vehicles in our own ‘bubble’ and are actually continuously in quarantine.
ROUTE AND DAILY DISTANCE
The route has been composed in such a way that all interesting tourist highlights are on our route and that the maximum number of sights is included. Many are included in the program, others are optional. Of course we spend the night in the most beautiful places. The daily stages vary from 40 to 275 km per day and are arranged in such a way that you have enough time to visit sights, take a break, do some shopping and relax. Obviously, there are many non-driving days, so that you can organize the day yourself. You will receive the extensive Expedition For Trucks Road-book © with a daily description and many tips, interesting sights and overnight stay related information and of course the necessary GPS coordinates.
A valid passport or ID card is necessary for traveling outside your home country, inside the EU.
Freezing temperatures keep some travellers from traveling to Lapland. This is definitely a wrong idea. The cold is very doable. The air is very dry, so the cold feels different than we are used to in the home country.
But the right clothing is what makes a stay in Swedish Lapland pleasant, despite the fact that sitting in the sun in a t-shirt is possible. Since the frost in March and April is much less extreme than in January and February, where temperatures down to -35 degrees are possible, the adjustment is not too bad. This mainly concerns the mornings and cloudy days. Good quality clothing (winter sports clothing) and several layers on top of each other are pleasant. Thermal underwear is possible, but a t-shirt with long sleeves, a warm fleece, a turtleneck under a thicker winter coat is normally sufficient at this time of the year. For activities where the cold can be an issue, such as during a husky safari, we receive an extra warm windproof suit from the organization.
What is also important are good, waterproof snow boots or boots, warm socks and waterproof gloves or mittens. In addition, a warm hat and scarf and the fun can begin. For those who want to go skiing and / or cross-country skiing, you can of course bring the winter sports clothing.
This trip can be made with an expedition vehicle, whether or not 4×4. It is necessary that you can be self-supporting with regard to food, sanitary facilities, shower and electricity for several days. Of course it is advisable to start the journey with a vehicle that is in very good technical condition. We will inform the participants of the modifications for the vehicle during the stay in winter temperatures. Winter tires are mandatory in Sweden until April 1.
Sweden can be considered a very safe country. Crime is very low in Sweden, especially in Swedish Lapland.
The roads on our route in Swedish Lapland are asphalted, however in winter, no salt is sprinkled on almost all roads. The roads are swept clean and the layer of snow that remains behind feels rough and rippled. In combination with winter tires, adjusted speed and air pressure in the tires, the vehicle behaves like on asphalt. The vastness and emptiness make driving even more pleasant in these winter conditions.
We will occasionally be on a camping site during this trip. When camping in the wild it is necessary that you can be self-supporting in terms of sanitary facilities, shower and electricity.
The network for mobile telephony and internet is widespread and of good quality. Due to the vastness and because the Lapland is sparsely populated, there are also areas where there is no reception.
No vaccinations are required or recommended for Sweden.
It is possible to take your pet with you on this journey, but it must be reported to the travel organization before taking part in the trip.